Lorenz, Lovis H.
|Birthname||Heinrich Johann Friedrich Wilhelm Louis Hans L.|
|born on||16 February 1898 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Hamburg, Germany, 53n33, 9e59|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°57' 01°31 Asc. 27°38'|
German journalist, art historian, publisher and author, notable as one of the co-founders of Die Zeit in 1946. Lorenz worked before the Second World War as a Professor of art history and worked among other things as editor-in-chief of a magazine in Berlin. Together with the lawyer Gerd Bucerius, co-editor Richard Tüngel and publisher-businessman Ewald Schmidt di Simoni he was first editor of the weekly newspaper Die Zeit. He also wrote several books. Lovis H. Lorenz died in Hamburg on 19 June 1976, aged 78.
- associate relationship with Bucerius, Gerd (born 19 May 1906). Notes: Co-founders of "Die Zeit"
- associate relationship with Schmidt di Simoni, Ewald (born 3 August 1898). Notes: Co-founders of "Die Zeit"
- associate relationship with Tüngel, Richard (born 1 October 1893). Notes: Co-founders of "Die Zeit"
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Hamburg Archives.
- Vocation : Art : Other Art (Historian)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian (Art)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Co-founder of "Die Zeit")