|born on||17 November 1838 at 18:45 (= 6:45 PM )|
|Place||Newcastle upon Tyne, England, 54n59, 1w35|
|Timezone||LMT m1w35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°02' 00°10 Asc. 13°20'|
British naval officer, best remembered for his heroic involvement in the "Virginius Affair" of 1873. His valiant actions at the time stopped the execution of many Cubans, Americans and Britons. He was knighted.
On 11 July 1852 he succeeded as 11th Baronet Loraine of Kirke Harle, Northumberland. In the same year he entered the Royal Navy, originally as a Naval Cadet.
Lambton joined HMS Trincomalee at Valparaiso in early 1853, at the age of 14 years, and was a Midshipman aboard the ship until 1857 at the end of her second commission based in the Pacific. He was promoted to Lieutenant in 1858 and served in the Mediterranean, then in 1864 he was appointed Flag-Lieutenant to Rear-Admiral the Hon. Joseph Denman, Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Station. In 1866 he was acting commander of HMS Mutine during the hostilities between Spain and her former colonies, Peru and Chile, then in 1867 he was promoted to Commander.
Sir Lambton became a retired captain in 1885, and a retired rear-admiral in 1889, dying at the age of 78 on 13 May 1917. He was the father of aviator Eustace Loraine (1879-1912) and diplomat Sir Percy Loraine (1880-1961).
- parent->child relationship with Loraine, Eustace (born 3 September 1879)
- parent->child relationship with Loraine, Percy (born 5 November 1880)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Pedigree and Memoirs of the Family of Loraine of Kirkharle (London, J.B. Nichols, 1902), page 224: "I WAS born at Fawdon Lodge aforesaid at 6.45 p.m. on the 17th November, 1838, and christened on the 24th January, 1839, at Gosforth Church."
- Traits : Personality : Courageous
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Loraine baronets)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Notable : Awards : Knighted