Lona Reyes, Arturo
|born on||1 November 1925 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Aguascalientes (Aguascalientes), Mexico, 21n53, 102w18|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°10' 26°22 Asc. 24°04'|
Mexican religious activist, he served as the Catholic bishop from Tehuantepec, Oaxaca, Mexico. He served in his position for 30 years before resigning from his diocese in 2001 at age 75.
On 29 June 1995 gunmen opened fire on Reyes in an assassination attempt. The attack was believed to have been brought on due to his role as chairperson of the Tepeyac Human Rights Centre in Tehuantepec.
Arturo Lona Reyes died of COVID-19 on 31 October 2020 in the Médica Azul hospital of Lagunas, Oaxaca at age 94.
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth registry entry from Aguascalientes archives (no. 3009).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (COVID-19)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Roman Catholic)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (COVID-19)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Roman Catholic bishop)