|born on||1 May 1602 Jul.Cal. (11 May 1602 greg.) at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Diseworth, England, 52n50, 1w16|
|Timezone||LMT m1w16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°59' 14°48 Asc. 02°04'|
British astrologer and author. He studied astrology with Ashmole and published books of prediction from 1633. The author of "Christian Astrology," 1647, "A Guide for Astrologers," 1676 and an autobiography in 1715.
Lilly acquired a fortune by marriage which allowed him the leisure to study and follow his bent.
He died of a stroke 6/09/1681, Hersham/Surrey, England.
On September 15, 2003 at 11:00 AM BST, a plaque in his honor was unveiled, the first such plaque in honor of an astrologer. According to Anthony Demetris, the plaque is situated on the side wall of the now-unused Strand underground station beside Kings College and a short distance from the exact spot that Lilly's house once stood over 300 hundred years ago. The first green plaque was erected in honor of Churchill in 1991 and Lilly's is the 53rd. The ceremony was attended by the deputy mayo of Westminster.
- business associate/partner relationship with Fiske, Nicholas (born 25 July 1575 Jul.Cal. (4 Aug 1575 greg.))
- friend relationship with Ashmole, Elias (born 23 May 1617 Jul.Cal. (2 June 1617 greg.))
Martin Harvey in Nativitas I quotes Lilly's letter to his friend and patron, Elias Ashmole, (May 1, 1602 OS). Lilly's correspondence indicates that the time may have been rectified by him; he is content with the time as he refers to directions of the map.
(NN No.617 quotes Gadbury for 2:00 AM, same from P.C. "Sibly Celestial Science of Astrology" has April 30, 1602 OS, 2:08 AM; same in Gadbury's Collection of Nativities, 1661. Wangemann had 3:00 AM)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (A fortune)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Astrology field)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection