|Birthname||Beatrice Gladys Lillie|
|born on||29 May 1894 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Toronto, Ontario (CAN), 43n39, 79w23|
|Timezone||LMT m79w23 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°09' 28°27 Asc. 08°02'|
Canadian-born British actress, singer, showgirl and comedic performer, who won a Tony Award in 1953 for her revue An Evening with Beatrice Lillie. Her films range from Exit Smiling (1927) to Thoroughly Modern Millie (1967). Lillie wrote an autobiography, Every Other Inch a Lady.
She debuted at 15, singing with her concert-singer mother, becoming the top showgirl and stage actress with her zany comedic flair. A star of musical revues since 1920, she chalked up more than 40 musical shows in the following two decades.
In 1920 she married Sir Robert Peel and became officially known as Lady Peel, adding to her sense of humor. Robert Peel died in 1934. Their only child, Sir Robert Peel, 6th Baronet (1920–1942), was killed in action aboard HMS Tenedos (H04) in Colombo Harbour, Ceylon (present-day Sri Lanka) in 1942.
In 1948, while touring in the show Inside USA, she met singer/actor John Philip Huck. He was a former US Marine, almost three decades younger, who became her friend and companion for the rest of their lives, and she boosted his career.
Lillie retired from the stage due to Alzheimer's disease. She died on 20 January 1989, aged 94, at Henley-on-Thames, England. Huck died of a heart attack the next day.
- associate relationship with Haley, Jack (born 27 January 1964)
- associate relationship with Lawrence, Gertrude (born 4 July 1898)
- lover relationship with Bankhead, Tallulah (born 31 January 1902)
- Work : New Job 1920 (First musical production)
- Relationship : Marriage 1920 (Sir Robert Peel)
Wynn quotes her in October 1937 (for 9:00 AM on 19 May 1899).
PT notes that her obituary in the Chicago Sun Times gave her age at death as 94, making her year of birth 1894; most internet sources and Encyclopedia Britannica give her birth date as 29 May 1894. PT notes in January 2010 that it's possible that she gave the wrong date out while she was alive as it was common practice for stars to shave years off their true birth date; it's possible as well that someone made an error in taking down the date.
In March 2021 Sy Scholfield changed the date from from 19 May 1899 to 29 May 1894, quoting birth record no. 1993 from Archives of Ontario stating that "Beatrice Gladys Lillie" was born on 29 May 1894 in York County, Ontario, Division of Toronto, registered 20 June 1894. No time given.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Sir Robert Peel)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Business : CPA/ Auditor/ Accountant (Accountant)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Health care facilities)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, radio, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut age 15)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women