|born on||14 October 1809 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Neufchâteau, France, 48n21, 5e42|
|Timezone||LMT m5e42 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°16' 23°32 Asc. 21°29'|
Luxembourg painter, sculptor and architect who is remembered in particular for his lithographs of scenes throughout the Grand Duchy and for his oil painting of the City of Luxembourg. He became Luxembourg's most talented graphic artist of the 19th century. He is also credited with bringing photography to Luxembourg.
Liez studied drawing with Jean-Baptiste Fresez at the Ecole de Dessin where he was awarded the silver medal in 1827. He continued his studies at Charleroi and Mons in Belgium, where he learnt the art of lithography.
His collection of lithographs published in his Voyage pittoresque à travers le Grand Duché de Luxembourg (1834) is considered to have been compiled when he was at the height of his artistic ability.
Liez died on 30 August 1892 in Dresden, aged 82.
- associate relationship with Engels, Michel (born 8 July 1851). Notes: Founding members of CAL
- associate relationship with Knepper, Jean-Pierre (born 8 May 1851). Notes: Founding members of CAL
- associate relationship with Weber, Batty (born 25 November 1860). Notes: Founding members of CAL
- associate relationship with Werveke, Auguste van (born 2 August 1866). Notes: Cofounders of CAL
- (has as) teacher relationship with Fresez, Jean-Baptiste (born 9 July 1800)
Birth certificate (acte n° 199) provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, sculptor, lithographer)
- Vocation : Building Trades : Architect/ Planner
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Luxembourg's most talented graphic artist of the 19th century)