Lichtwardt, Robert W.
|Birthname||Robert William Lichtwardt|
|born on||27 November 1924 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 22s53, 43w0613|
|Timezone||BZT h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°50' 13°52 Asc. 11°49'|
Brazilian-born American mycologist specializing in the study of arthropod-associated, gut-dwelling fungi (trichomycetes). He is known for his online monograph and interactive keys to trichomycete taxa.
At the University of Kansas he taught botany, mycology, plant pathology, and medical mycology. He mentored 16 PhD students and 12 Master’s students. He published over 150 papers, contributed to several book chapters, and wrote a monograph of the trichomycetes that was published online in 2001.
Robert W. Lichtwardt died on 9 February 2018, aged 93.
- Relationship : Marriage 1951 (Betty Thomas)
Sy Scholfield provided U.S. Consular Report of Birth.
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of six)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Brazilian emigrant to USA)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 93)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Biology (Mycologist)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction