Lewis, John Henry
|born on||5 May 1914 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°22' 16°13 Asc. 20°59'|
American hall of fame boxer who held the World Light Heavyweight Boxing Title from 1935 to 1938. The Ring boxing magazine named Lewis the 16th greatest light heavyweight of all-time. His trainer was Larry Amadee, and his managers included Ernie Lira, Larry White, Frank Schuler, and Gus Greenlee.
Lewis died in Berkeley, California on 18 April 1974 at the age of 59. He had suffered from emphysema and Parkinson's.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Braddock, James J. (born 7 June 1905). Notes: Boxing opponents
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Louis, Joe (born 13 May 1914). Notes: Boxing opponents
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate. Wikipedia has wrong date (1/4 May) and place (Phoenix, Arizona).
- Traits : Body : Race (African-American)
- Traits : Body : Size (1.80 m/ 5 ft 11 in)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Emphysema
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Parkinson's
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Sports : Boxing (Light Heavyweight)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Light Heavyweight Boxing champion)