|Birthname||Jared Joseph Leto|
|born on||26 December 1971 at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Bossier City, Louisiana, 32n31, 93w44|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°48' 19°24 Asc. 00°18'|
American actor, singer, songwriter, and director. After starting his career with television appearances in the early 1990s, Leto achieved recognition for his role as Jordan Catalano on the television series My So-Called Life (1994). He made his film debut in How to Make an American Quilt (1995) and received critical praise for his performance in Prefontaine (1997). Leto played supporting roles in The Thin Red Line (1998), Fight Club (1999) and American Psycho (2000), as well as the lead role in Urban Legend (1998), and earned critical acclaim after portraying heroin addict Harry Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream (2000). He made his directorial debut in 2012 with the documentary film Artifact.
Leto's performance as a transgender woman in Dallas Buyers Club (2013) earned him the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, among numerous other accolades. Leto is considered to be a method actor, known for his constant devotion to and research of his roles. He often remains completely in character for the duration of the shooting schedules of his films, even to the point of adversely affecting his health.
Leto is the lead vocalist, multi-instrumentalist and main songwriter for Thirty Seconds to Mars, a band he formed in 1998 in Los Angeles, California, with his older brother Shannon Leto. Their debut album, 30 Seconds to Mars (2002), was released to positive reviews but only to limited success. The band achieved worldwide fame with the release of their second album A Beautiful Lie (2005). Their following releases, This Is War (2009) and Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams (2013), received further critical and commercial success. As of September 2014, the band has sold over 15 million albums worldwide. Leto has also directed music videos, including the MTV Video Music Award–winning "The Kill" (2006), "Kings and Queens" (2009), and "Up in the Air" (2013).
Leto lives a vegan lifestyle and supports animal rights.
- friend relationship with Cyrus, Miley (born 23 November 1992). Notes: Lovers?
- lover relationship with Diaz, Cameron (born 30 August 1972). Notes: Circa 2000-2003
- role played of/by Prefontaine, Steve (born 25 January 1951). Notes: 1997 film "Prefontaine"
- Work : Prize 2 March 2014 at 5:42 PM in Hollywood (Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Grazia Bordoni database ('entertainment' file): "From him in person to an astrologer I know."
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Thirty Seconds to Mars, 1998-)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Animal rights activist)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Supporting Actor)