Lepsius, M. Rainer
|Birthname||Mario Rainer Lepsius|
|born on||8 May 1928 at 18:05 (= 6:05 PM )|
|Place||Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 22s53, 43w0613|
|Timezone||BZT h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°00' 01°58 Asc. 00°43'|
German sociologist considered one of the leading western researchers and theoreticians of contemporary society. Like most sociologists of the postwar generation, he started out as an "industry sociologist": like all the better known sociologists of that generation, he was a member of the "Export Committee for Industry Sociology" at the German Sociological Association ("Fachausschuss für Industriesoziologie der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Soziologie").
A particular interest was in the work of Max Weber: he was prominent among the co-compilers of the (eventually) 47 volume edition of the Max-Weber-Gesamtausgabe (Complete Works of Max Weber). His research work also embraced both historical and contemporary social structure analyses. He also worked extensively on political sociology and on the European Union. Lepsius powerfully influenced the political culture through his work on the social environment.
M. Rainer Lepsius died on 2 October 2014, aged 86, in Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- compare to chart of Weber, Max (born 21 April 1864)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry.
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (His son Oliver Lepsius)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Sociologist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction