Leopold Wilhelm, Archduke of Austria
|born on||6 January 1614 (greg.) at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Wiener Neustadt, Austria, 47n49, 16e15|
|Timezone||LMT m16e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°39' 18°31 Asc. 11°18'|
Austrian military commander, Governor of the Spanish Netherlands from 1647 to 1656, and a patron of the arts. He was the youngest son of Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II and Maria Anna of Bavaria (1574–1616), daughter of Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria. He died in Vienna on 20 November 1662.
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 9 July 1578 Jul.Cal. (19 July 1578 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor (born 13 July 1608 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 116: "Leopoldus Guilielmus ist gebohren in der Newstatt im Vnter Oesterreich 1614 um die Mitte der Nacht, mit welcher das Epiphaniefest beginnt. Aus der Taufe hoben ihn Matthias und Anna. God. 115. 130b im k. und k. Haus-, Hof- und Staats-Archiv."
Translation: Leopoldus Guilielmus was born in Wiener Neustadt [Vienna Newtown] in Austria in 1614 in the middle of the night at which the Epiphany begins [January 6]. At his baptism he was lifted by Matthias and Anna. [Reference: God. 115 130b in k., And k. Household, Court and State Archives].
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Art collector)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Military commander)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Governor of the Spanish Netherlands, 1647-1656)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)