Leopold V, Archduke of Austria
|born on||9 October 1586 (greg.) at 10:45 (= 10:45 AM )|
|Place||Graz, Austria, 47n05, 15e27|
|Timezone||LMT m15e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°42' 01°52 Asc. 05°55'|
Austrian Archduke, he was the son of Archduke Karl II of Inner Austria, the younger brother of Emperor Ferdinand II, and father of Ferdinand Karl, Archduke of Further Austria. He was Bishop of Passau and of Strasbourg, until he resigned to get married, and Archduke of Further Austria including Tirol.
With his wife Claudia de' Medici, he became the founder of a sideline of the Habsburg family, which persisted until 1665 - the most recent line of Archdukes of Further Austria.
Leopold V died on 13 September 1632 in Schwaz, Tirol at age 45.
- parent->child relationship with Ferdinand Karl, Archduke of Further Austria (born 17 May 1628 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Isabella Clara, Archduchess of Austria (born 12 August 1629 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Leopoldine, Holy Roman Empress (born 6 April 1632 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anne of Austria, Queen of Poland (born 16 August 1573 Jul.Cal. (26 Aug 1573 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 9 July 1578 Jul.Cal. (19 July 1578 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Margarete of Austria, Queen of Spain (born 25 December 1584 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from Zur Herrschaft geboren: Kindheit und Jugend im Haus Habsburg von Kaiser Maximilian bis Kronprinz Rudolf by Sabine Weiss (Tyrolia-Verlag, 2008), page 209: "Leopold , geboren am 9 . Oktober 1586 'ein Viertl vor ainlef Uhr Mittags' , war der dritte überlebende Sohn Karls II . In der Taufe am 23 . Oktober erhielt er den Namen nach dem Babenberger Markgrafen Leopold III ."
Translation: Leopold, born on 9 October 1586 at 'a quarter before eleven o'clock noon,' was the third surviving son of Charles/Karl II. At the baptism on 23 October he was named after the Babenberg Margrave Leopold III.
Austria adopted the Gregorian Calendar in 1583 while part of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)