Le Fort, Léon Clément
|born on||5 December 1829 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Lille, France, 50n38, 3e04|
|Timezone||LMT m3e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°22' 08°45 Asc. 01°03'|
French surgeon remembered for his work on uterine prolapse, including Le Fort's operation. He also described Le Fort's fracture of the ankle and Le Fort's amputation of the foot.
In 1873 he became professor of surgery at the Paris medical faculty and surgeon at Hôtel-Dieu de Paris. He was awarded the Légion d'honneur in 1870, and promoted to the rank of Officier in 1882.
He died on 19 October 1893, aged 63, in Ménestreau-en-Villette.
- other kin relationship with Le Fort, René (born 30 March 1869). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- has other family relationship with Malgaigne, Joseph-François (born 14 February 1806). Notes: Father-in-law / son-in-law
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate (acte n° 2920) from the online Nord archives. No data in margin.
- Vocation : Medical : Surgeon
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Le Fort's operation")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Le Fort's amputation")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Le Fort's sound")
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker ("Le Fort's fracture")