Le Chanois, Jean-Paul
|Birthname||Jean-Paul Étienne Dreyfus|
|born on||25 October 1909 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris Arrondissement 9, France, 48n5221, 2e2025|
|Timezone||PMT m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°28' 13°45 Asc. 18°58'|
French film director, screenwriter and actor, whose film ...Sans laisser d'adresse won the Golden Bear (Comedies) award at the 1st Berlin International Film Festival in 1951.
He is also known for his political involvement in the French Communist Party, and his activities in the Resistance under the German occupation.
He also wrote songs, such as "Un monsieur me suit dans la rue" which was sung by Edith Piaf and Barbara.
Jean-Paul Le Chanois died on 8 July 1985, aged 75, in Passy, Haute-Savoie.
- Work : Prize 1951 (Golden Bear)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from the online Paris archives (9th arr., acte n° 1009). Marriage and death data in margin.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (French Communist Party)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Golden Bear)