Le Boeuf, Remy
|Birthname||Remy Pierre Le Boeuf|
|born on||3 August 1986 at 06:05 (= 06:05 AM )|
|Place||Santa Cruz, California, 36n58, 122w02|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||10°54' 15°33 Asc. 08°00'|
American big band composer and saxophonist, known for his work with Le Boeuf Brothers, a modern jazz group based in New York City, led by him and his identical twin brother, Pascal Le Boeuf (pianist/composer). Le Boeuf Brothers are part of a growing New York jazz scene characterized by odd time signatures, shifting harmonies, and the influences of hip hop, electronica, and indie rock. As a jazz group, they have released four albums.
As a composer Remy Le Boeuf has commissions from SFJAZZ, The Jerome Foundation, New York Youth Symphony, and Keio University. He also performs as a sideman for various artists including Grammy Award-winning Bob Mintzer's Big Band, Dayna Stephens, indie-pop band Wildcat! Wildcat! and Donny McCaslin.
The Le Boeuf Brothers have also toured internationally and performed at the Monterey Jazz Festival, the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, the Umbria Jazz Festival, and Jazz at Lincoln Center.
- sibling relationship with Le Boeuf, Pascal (born 3 August 1986). Notes: Identical twins
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, Santa Cruz Sentinel (Santa Cruz, California), 21 August 1986, page A12.
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Identical twin)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Le Boeuf Brothers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Saxophone)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz