|Birthname||Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper|
|born on||22 June 1953 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Astoria, New York, 40n46, 73w56|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°21' 11°57 Asc. 14°56'|
American singer, songwriter, actress and LGBT activist. Her career has spanned over 30 years. Her debut solo album She's So Unusual (1983) was the first debut female album to chart four top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100—"Girls Just Want to Have Fun", "Time After Time", "She Bop", and "All Through the Night" earned Lauper the Best New Artist award at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985. Her success continued with the soundtrack for the motion picture The Goonies and her second record True Colors (1986). This album included the number one hit of the same name and "Change of Heart" which peaked at number 3.
Since 1989, Lauper has released nine studio albums and participated in many other projects. In 2010, Memphis Blues, became Billboard's most successful blues album of the year, remaining at #1 on the Billboard Blues Albums chart for 13 consecutive weeks. In 2013, Lauper won the Tony Award for Best Original Score for the Broadway musical Kinky Boots, making her the first woman in history to win the composing category by herself.
Her 2011 autobiography detailing the singer's battle with child abuse and depression became a New York Times Best Seller.
Lauper has been married to David Thornton since 1991. They have one son, Declyn Wallace Thornton (born 1997). Lauper was raised Roman Catholic and attended Catholic school. She refers to herself as a "Recovering Catholic".
- associate relationship with Cher (born 20 May 1946)
- associate relationship with Fierstein, Harvey (born 6 June 1954). Notes: Collaborated on stage musical "Kinky Boots"
- associate relationship with O'Donnell, Rosie (born 21 March 1962)
- parent->child relationship with Lauper, Dex (born 19 November 1997)
- compare to chart of Thibeault, Fabienne (born 17 June 1952)
A forum member pointed to her biography in IMDB which states "Born on Monday at 11 PM EST." In fact, the valid timezone on 22 June 1953 was EDT. As NY state does not have the habit of recording standard time while daylight saving time was in force, it is assumed that IMDB was not aware of the correct timezone, but that the clock time reference is correct. IMDB is not a reliable resource, the birth time is not to be trusted.
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Throat
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (second born of three)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (since 1991)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (one son)
- Family : Parenting : Parenting late more than 40 (at 44 years old)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (rock bands)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Concert tours and performances)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Awards : Tony
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession