|Birthname||Karl Martin Lauer|
|born on||2 January 1937 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Köln, Germany, 50n55, 6e57|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°28' 15°19 Asc. 24°22'|
German athlete, winner of a gold medal in the 4x100 m relay at the 1960 Summer Olympics. Lauer was a German champion in 110 m hurdles from 1956 to 1960 and in decathlon in 1956.
At the 1958 European Championships, Lauer won the gold in 110 m hurdles. In 1958 Lauer also ran his first world record, being a member of German's 4x100 m relay team, which ran 39.5. In 1959, Lauer ran his second world record (13.2), this time in his main event of 110 m hurdles. At the end of the year he was named Athlete of the Year by the sports magazine Track & Field News, the first ever of the annual election.
At the Rome Olympics Lauer was again fourth in 110 m hurdles and ran the anchoring leg in the German's 4x100 m relay team. In the final the Germans finished second behind the United States, but 15 minutes after the final it was announced that the USA had been disqualified for an incorrect exchange. Germany's time, 39.5 equalled their own world record.
After the Olympics Lauer was forced to retire from sports due to an injury. He worked as Director for Triumph Adler for many years.
Between 1962 and 1968 he released numerous country music records, and sold about 9 million copies.
Lauer died on 6 October 2019 at age 82 at his home in Lauf an der Pegnitz.
- associate relationship with Hary, Armin (born 22 March 1937). Notes: Olympic gold medal, 4×100 m relay, 1960
- Work : Prize 1960 (Olympic gold medal, 4×100 m relay)
Arno Müller, vol 2
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 6 ft 1 in/ 1.86 m)
- Traits : Body : Weight (76 kg/ 168 lb)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Sports : Track and Field
- Notable : Awards : Medals (Olympic gold medal, 4×100 m relay)
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold medal, 4×100 m relay)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Olympic medallist)