|born on||23 January 1872 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°14' 13°05 Asc. 20°54'|
French physicist who developed Langevin dynamics and the Langevin equation. He was one of the founders of the Comité de vigilance des intellectuels antifascistes, an anti-fascist organization created after the 6 February 1934 far right riots. Langevin was also president of the Human Rights League (LDH) from 1944 to 1946 – having recently joined the French Communist Party. Being a public opponent of fascism in the 1930s resulted in his arrest and being held under house arrest by the Vichy government for most of World War II.
He was a doctoral student of Pierre Curie and later a lover of Marie Curie. He is also known for his two US patents with Constantin Chilowsky in 1916 and 1917 involving ultrasonic submarine detection.
In 1898, he married Emma Jeanne Desfosses, and together they had four children, Jean, André, Madeleine and Hélène. In 1933, he had a son with physicist Eliane Montel (1898-1992), Paul-Gilbert Langevin, who became a renowned musicologist. Paul Langevin died in Paris on 19 December 1946 at age 74, two years after living to see the Liberation of Paris.
- friend relationship with Borel, Emile (born 7 January 1871)
- friend relationship with Malfitano, Giovanni (born 29 September 1872)
- friend relationship with Perrin, Jean-Baptiste (born 30 September 1870)
- lover relationship with Curie, Marie (born 7 November 1867). Notes: After she was widowed
- (has as) mentor relationship with Curie, Pierre (born 15 May 1859)
- (has as) mentor relationship with Lippmann, Gabriel (born 16 August 1845)
- Work : Great Achievement 1902 (PhD)
Birth record quoted in Gauquelin Vol 2/2762.
In March 2020, Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Paris archives (18 arr., no. 299) and upgraded Rodden Rating to BC/BR in hand. Marriage and death dates in margin.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of Physics)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Communist)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (President of Human Rights League)
- Vocation : Science : Physics
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Langevin dynamics/ equation")