|Birthname||Robert Wilhelm Lachmann|
|born on||28 November 1892 at 23:15 (= 11:15 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°13' 26°11 Asc. 07°05'|
German ethnomusicologist, linguist (German, English, French), musicologist, orientalist and library official. Expert in the music of the Orient, he was a member of the Berlin School of Comparative Musicology and one of its founding fathers.
Robert Lachmann arrived in Palestine in April 1935, after he had been dismissed from his position at the Berlin National Library, following the Nazis' rise to power. He came to Jerusalem at the invitation of Judah L. Magnes, chancellor and later president (1935–1948) of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem to establish a center of Oriental music and the "Archive for Oriental Music".
He participated in the 1932 Cairo Congress of Arab Music.
He died on 8 May 1939 in Jerusalem, aged 46.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin archives.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (German emigrant to Palestine)
- Vocation : Education : Librarian (Archivist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher (Musicologist)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Ethnologist (Orientalist)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Linguist (German, English, French)
- 1892 births
- Birthday 28 November
- Birthplace Berlin, GER
- Sun 7 Sagittarius
- Moon 26 Pisces
- Asc 7 Virgo
- 1939 deaths
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Education : Librarian
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Ethnologist
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Linguist