Laat, Ko de
|Birthname||Jacobus Johannes de Laat|
|born on||25 June 1895 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Tilburg, Netherlands, 51n34, 5e05|
|Timezone||LST m4e53 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°37' 08°45 Asc. 02°31'|
Dutch humorist who debuted in 1920 as a duo partner with his brother, the singer-humorist August de Laat. This duo continued to perform until the early 1930s, when health issues forced Ko to stop performing. The brothers De Laat performed repeatedly for KRO radio. Their most famous song sketch was "De oppasser van de luitenant." They also sang a few duets, but Ko never made recordings like the solo songs of August.
Ko de Laat senior is an uncle of pianists André and Caroline de Laat and the grandfather of poet-performer Ko de Laat.
His day job was in a butcher shop. He died on 27 October 1937.
- sibling relationship with Laat, August de (born 16 September 1882)
- other kin relationship with Laat, André de (born 17 September 1908). Notes: Ko was André's uncle
- other kin relationship with Laat, Caroline de (born 4 December 1910). Notes: Ko was Caroline's uncle
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate no. 613 from the online Tilburg archives: "om twaalf ure des middags" (twelve noon).
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Butcher/ Meat