|Birthname||Joëlle Jeanne Lucienne Léandre|
|born on||12 September 1951 at 22:45 (= 10:45 PM )|
|Place||Aix en Provence, France, 43n32, 5e26|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°19' 14°44 Asc. 17°28'|
French double bassist, vocalist, and composer active in new music and free improvisation.
In the field of contemporary music, she has performed with Pierre Boulez's Ensemble InterContemporain, and worked with Merce Cunningham and John Cage. Both Cage and Giacinto Scelsi have composed works specifically for her. She has also collaborated with some of the preeminent musicians in the fields of jazz and improvised music.
In 1983 she became a member of the European Women Improvising Group (EWIG), which resulted from former Feminist Improvising Group and in later 1980s she co-founded the feminist improvising Trio Les Diaboliques, with Irène Schweizer and Maggie Nicols.
Didier Geslain archive, 'jazz' pdf file, p. 81.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Double bassist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist