|Birthname||Alan Peter Kuperschmidt|
|born on||5 February 1944 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||15°45' 06°55 Asc. 23°49'|
American musician, he is best known for having spontaneously added the vital organ sound to Bob Dylan's 'Like A Rolling Stone' (he showed up at the session hoping to play guitar).
Kooper joined a musical group in 1958, age 14, and has been involved ever since as a member of the Blues Project, the Blood Sweat and Tears, the Rolling Stones, The Who and as accompanist to Jimi Hendrix.
In 1997 he began teaching at Berklee School of Music in Boston, MA but in 2001 his eyesight was diminishing and he was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor. It was removed on November 21, 2001.
- associate relationship with Bloomfield, Mike (born 28 July 1943). Notes: Occasional musical collaborators
- associate relationship with Dylan, Bob (born 24 May 1941). Notes: Occasional musical collaborators
- Health : Medical diagnosis 2001 (loss of sight and brain tumor)
Nick Dagan Best quotes him by e-mail
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist