|Birthname||Jeff Mwaura Koinange|
|born on||7 January 1966 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Nairobi, Kenya, 1s17, 36e49|
|Timezone||EAT h3e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°06' 26°01 Asc. 01°24'|
Kenyan journalist and television personality, currently the host of talk show Jeff Koinange Live on Citizen TV since February 2017. He is also the breakfast co-host at HOT 96, the English station owned by Royal Media Services. He is also a judge representing Kenya on East Africa's Got Talent that premiered on 4 August 2019, he joined the show as a judge alongside Gaetano Kagwa, Makeda and Vanessa Mdee.
He previously served as the Africa correspondent for CNN and CNN International from 2001 to 2007, and later as chief reporter at TV station K24 from 2007 to December 2012. He previously served as the chief anchor on Africa for Arise Television Ltd based in Johannesburg.
He released his autobiography Through My African Eyes in 2014. The book covers his school days and career that has made him of Africa’s most recognised journalists.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2014 (Autobiography "Through My African Eyes")
Sy Scholfield cites a news article in which Koinange reads from his autobiography, Through My African Eyes (Footprints Press, 2014), "in Nairobi ... However something funny about it is that I was born 30 minutes before his [my father's] birthday. I was born at 11:30 a.m. on January 7, 1966. The next day was his birthday. ... My mother planned to have I, her last-born be born on her husband's birthday. However, I arrived 30 minutes earlier" ("First Kenyan to Own a Petrol Station After Independence" by John Mbati, www.kenyans.co.ke, 23 June 2020 ). It seems that there is a typo in the report, inasmuch as the time of birth should be 11:30 p.m.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, Kenyan)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (His father died when he was aged 2 months)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Through My African Eyes")
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist