|born on||18 December 1879 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Münchenbuchsee/BE, Switzerland, 47n01, 7e27|
|Timezone||BMT m7e2630 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°53' 28°20 Asc. 11°42'|
Swiss teacher and artist, one of the most original artists of his time. He was a master of contemporary art, with thousands of paintings, drawings and prints which expressed his highly imaginative vision. Klee taught in a famous German school of design. He lived in Bern from 1933 until his death. He died on 29 June 1940 in Muralto, Switzerland.
- associate relationship with Bargheer, Eduard (born 25 December 1901)
- associate relationship with Erfurth, Hugo (born 14 October 1874)
- associate relationship with Haller, Hermann (born 24 December 1880)
- friend relationship with Nebel, Otto (born 25 December 1892)
- friend relationship with Weisgerber, Albert (born 21 April 1878)
- (has as) student relationship with Albers, Anni (born 12 June 1899)
- (has as) student relationship with Citroen, Paul (born 15 December 1896)
- (has as) student relationship with Hirschfeld Mack, Ludwig (born 11 July 1893)
- (has as) student relationship with Kerg, Théo (born 2 June 1909)
- Family : Change residence 1933 (Moved to Bern)
Sy Scholfield cites birth record quoted by Andre Barbault in Paul Klee-Ausstellung: Schweizer Tage, Ingelheim am Rheim, 28. April bis 5. Juni 1979 by Hansdieter Erbsmehl (Stadtverwaltung, 1979), page 11: "Aus dem standesamtlichen Register der Gemeinde Münchenbuchsee im Kanton Bern geht hervor , daß Ernst - Paul Klee dort am 18 . Dezember 1879 um 4 Uhr früh geboren wurde."
(Translation: The registry office of the municipality of Münchenbuchsee in the canton of Bern shows that Ernst-Paul Klee was born there on 18 December 1879 at 4 AM).
Scholfield also quotes from Erinnerungen an Paul Klee by Ludwig Grote (Prestel, 1959), page 12: "Paul Klee wurde geboren zu Münchenbuchsee bei Bern, wo sein Vater Musiklehrer am Staatlichen Lehrerseminar war. Es war die kälteste Nacht seit dreißig Jahren, diese Nacht zum 18. Dezember 1879. Es war morgens um drei Uhr. Der Sohn eines Kollegen , Dr. med. Georg Glaser, der spätere Direktor der Irrenanstalt Münsingen, hat ihn in diese Welt befördert, er wurde auch sein Pate. Als Pauls Vater am Morgen von Bern heimkehrte wo er wegen einer Gesangsprobe als Dirigent übernachten mußte, sollen ihn ein Paar großer, schwarzer Augen fixiert haben."
(Translation: Paul Klee was born in Münchenbuchsee near Bern, where his father was a music teacher at the state teacher training college. It was the coldest night in thirty years on 18 December 1879. It was three o'clock in the morning. A colleague's son, Dr. Georg Glaser, who later became the director of the Münsingen insane asylum, brought him into this world, he also became his godfather. When Paul's father returned home from Bern that morning, where he had to spend the night as a conductor because of a singing rehearsal, a pair of large, black eyes are said to have fixed on him).
Previously, Penfield Collection spec. has 10:45 am, Old-file has 1:00 PM. Tony Joseph quotes Wangemann for 4:00 AM. Astrolog No.34 also gave 4:00 AM. Calderara archive has 3:45 am. Starkman rectified to 03.57.24 LMT Asc 11Sco13'.
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Highly original)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Contemporary, modern abstractionist)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (School of design)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book