Killy, Jean Claude
|born on||30 August 1943 at 05:10 (= 05:10 AM )|
|Place||St.Cloud, France, 48n50, 2e11|
|Timezone||CEST h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°53' 28°13 Asc. 14°28'|
French skier and entrepreneur, the second man in history to win the Triple Sweep in the Alpine men's skiing in the Winter Olympics in Grenoble, 1968. Taking the gold medal in downhill, slalom and giant slalom and focusing on speed as opposed to style, Killy helped create the modern racing style that revolutionized the sport.
The son of a former Spitfire pilot for Free France who moved his family to the alpine village of Val d'Isere in 1945 and opened a ski shop, Killy learned to ski for the fun of it. "I did it because it was the only thing you could do in Val d'Isere. In 1950, there was no hockey, nothing....I had no master plan, no career plan. My ambition was applied to next week, never more than that, because we didn't have much information on the outside world."
At 19, Killy joined the French team, whose coach was impressed by his daredevil style and came to the US for the first time. Three years later he was entered in all three men's Alpine events at the 1964 Innsbruck Winter Olympics, but he fell in the downhill, lost a binding in the slalom and finished fifth in the giant slalom. The agony of defeat only made him work harder.
By age 25 he was considered the world's top skier, which he proved at the Winter Games in Grenoble in 1968, winning the downhill by 0.08 of a second followed by the easily won slalom. The result of the final event required a decision in the committee room, where Killy was moved to first place from second place on grounds of a technicality. He then went on to win the World Professional Skiing Title in 1973. Within five years, the world's top skier was a multi-millionaire from endorsements for sporting equipment.
In 1972 Killy made a film entitled "Snow Job" and subsequently married leading lady Danielle Gaubert. Danielle had recently been divorced from Rhadames Trujillo, son of the dictator of the Dominican Republic. Killy adopted her two children from the marriage and their daughter Emilie was born the following year. A family life of wealth, domestic bliss and globetrotting ended when Danielle died of cancer on 11/3/1987.
In addition to presiding over the Olympic Winter Games at Albertville in 1992, Killy owns two ski shops in France and heads Killy Technical Eyewear. He makes his home in Switzerland.
- associate relationship with Augert, Jean-Pierre (born 13 January 1946)
- associate relationship with Barnier, Michel (born 9 January 1951)
- associate relationship with Lacroix, Léo (born 26 November 1937)
- associate relationship with Ligety, Ted (born 31 August 1984)
- compare to chart of Faivre, Mathieu (born 18 January 1992)
- compare to chart of Pinturault, Alexis (born 20 March 1991)
- Family : Change residence 1945 (Moved to French Alpine village)
- Work : Prize 1968 (Three gold medals in Olympics)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (Film, "Snow Job")
- Work : Prize 1973 (World Professional Skiing title)
- Work : Gain social status 1992 in Albertville (Presided over Olympic Games)
Gauquelin Vol. 1/2018
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible (Domestic bliss)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Actress Danielle Gaubert)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Wife died of cancer)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three kids, two adopted)
- Lifestyle : Work : Hazardous work
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Competitive skier)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (Skiing)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (Multi-millionaire from endorsements)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Globetrotter)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.S., Switzerland)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Two ski shops, Killy Technical Eyewear)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Ski equimpment and sportswear)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Sports : Skiing (Pro)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Gross motor control (Olympic Triple Crown)
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold medals in downhill, slalom, giant slalom)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Professional Skiiing title)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book