|born on||7 March 1955 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Simla, India, 31n06, 77e10|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°17' 04°04 Asc. 20°53'|
Indian actor, the recipient of two National Film Awards and eight Filmfare Awards, who has appeared in over 500 films in several languages and many plays. He won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance in Saaransh (1984). He holds the record for winning the Filmfare Award for Best Comedian five times in total for Ram Lakhan (1989), Lamhe (1991), Khel (1992), Darr (1993) and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995). He won the National Film Award for Special Mention twice for his performances in Daddy (1989) and Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2005). For his performance in the film Vijay (1988), he won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Besides working in Hindi films, he has also appeared in international films such as the Golden Globe nominated Bend It Like Beckham (2002), Ang Lee's Golden Lion–winning Lust, Caution (2007), and David O. Russell's Oscar-winning Silver Linings Playbook (2012). He received a BAFTA nomination for his supporting role in the British television sitcom The Boy with the Topknot (2018).
He has held the post of chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification and the National School of Drama in India. The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan in 2016 for his contribution in the field of cinema and arts.
Anupam Kher served as Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India from October 2017. On 31 October 2018, he resigned as the chairman of FTII, citing his work commitments for the American TV show New Amsterdam.
- Work : Prize 2004 (Padma Shri)
- Work : Prize 2016 (Padma Bushan)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 27 August 2019 (Autobiography, "Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes an online excerpt from Kher's autobiography, Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly (Hay House, 2019): "on 7 March 1955, my entry into this world, in room number 3 of a 95-bed Lady Reading Hospital. This hospital is now called the Kamala Nehru Hospital, in Bemloi Estate, below Oakwood, ... presently Himachal Pradesh chief minister’s official residence in Shimla. I was born at 9 p.m., the eldest offspring of my parents" .
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One stepson)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Drama)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly")
- Notable : Awards : Public Service
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award