|Birthname||Mary Kerry Kennedy|
|born on||8 September 1959 at 12:55 (= 12:55 PM )|
|Place||Boston, Massachusetts, 42n22, 71w04|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||15°17' 29°09 Asc. 01°49'|
American human rights activist and writer noted as the president of Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights, a non-profit human rights advocacy organization. She is the seventh child and third daughter of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Skakel. During her 15-year marriage to now–New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, she was known as Kerry Kennedy Cuomo from 1990 to 2005. Kennedy is the niece of President John F. Kennedy and Senator Ted Kennedy.
Growing up in a political environment, she married Andrew Cuomo, son of Governor Mario Cuomo, in Washington, DC on 9 June 1990. After dating for 18 months, Cuomo proposed on Valentine's Day. They have three daughters, twins Mariah and Cara (born 1995), age Michaela (born 1997).
Cuomo ran a program to build housing for the homeless in New York state, and Kennedy worked as the Executive Director of the RFK Memorial Center for Human Rights. In 2000, her book was published, Speak Truth to Power, which spotlights 51 human rights activists. She traveled to 40 countries over two years to interview Nobel Prize winners and lesser-known crusaders.
She was age eight when her dad was assassinated and she lost two brothers of her 10 siblings; David, who overdosed on drugs in 1984 and Michael, killed in a skiing accident in 1997. Family support and a strong religious faith have helped to carry her through the rough times.
Kerry Kennedy graduated from Vermont's Putney School in 1977. During college days at Brown, she had a Summer internship with Amnesty International before her 1982 graduation. After witnessing cases of political abuse, she was determined to make a difference. She finished Boston Law School in 1986 then founded her Human Rights Center. Known for her compassion and determination, Kennedy is both direct and forceful in her work.
For recreation, the family loves to hike and spend time on the beach at Martha's Vineyard. An avid photographer, Kennedy fills the house with family pictures.
In July 2003, she announced she was seeking a divorce from Andrew Cuomo. They divorced in 2005.
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy-Cuomo, Cara (born 11 January 1995)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy-Cuomo, Mariah (born 11 January 1995)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy-Cuomo, Michaela (born 26 August 1997)
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Ethel (born 11 April 1928)
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925)
- spouse relationship with Cuomo, Andrew (born 6 December 1957). Notes: 1990-2005
- sibling relationship with Hill, Courtney Kennedy (born 9 September 1956)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Christopher (born 4 July 1963)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Douglas (born 24 March 1967)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Joseph P. II (born 24 September 1952)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Michael (born 27 February 1958)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Rory (born 12 December 1968)
- sibling relationship with Townsend, Kathleen Kennedy (born 4 July 1951)
- Death of Sibling 1948 (Brother David OD)
- Social : End a program of study 1977 (Putney School)
- Social : End a program of study 1982 (Graduated Brown Univ.)
- Social : End a program of study 1986 (Boston Law School)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship August 1988 (Started dating Andrew Cuomo)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 9 June 1990 at 1:00 PM in Washington, DC (Andrew Cuomo)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Sibling 1997 (Brother Michael killed in skiing accident)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Book released)
- Relationship : End significant relationship July 2003 (Filed for divorce from Cuomo)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 2005 (Andrew Cuomo)
Frances McEvoy quotes BC.
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Compassionate)
- Traits : Personality : Persistent (Determined)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (11 kids)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Robert and Ethel Kennedy)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive (Very close to dad, felt loved)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Dad assassinated)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Seventh of eleven)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (15 years with Andrew Cuomo)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Andrew Cuomo)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twin daughters)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Three daughters)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (40 countries on book research)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Family
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Avid photographer)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Beach hiking)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Executive director)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Social worker
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Speak Truth to Power)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women