Kennedy, Edward S.
|Birthname||Edward Stewart Kennedy|
|born on||3 January 1912 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°03' 00°46 Asc. 15°23'|
American historian of science specializing in medieval Islamic astronomical tables written in Persian and Arabic. Edward S. Kennedy was instrumental in raising scholarly awareness of the richness and sophistication of the exact sciences in the medieval Islamic world through his translation and analysis of hitherto little-known Arabic manuscripts. He died on 4 May 2009, aged 97, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Mexican archives.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in mathematics)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (American expatriate in Mexico, Iran, Lebanon)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Translator