|Birthname||Robert Sylvester Kelly|
|born on||8 January 1967|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°46' or|
American singer, songwriter, record producer, and former professional basketball player, credited for helping redefine R&B and hip hop, earning the nicknames "King of R&B" and "King of Pop-Soul". He has released 12 solo studio albums, and sold over 75 million albums and singles worldwide. He is listed by Billboard as the most successful R&B artist in history. His awards include a Guinness World Records, 3 Grammy Awards, 2 American Music Awards, 1 BET Awards, 6 NAACP Image Awards, 11 Soul Train Awards, and numerous Billboard Music Awards.
Kelly began performing during the late 1980s and debuted in 1992 with the group Public Announcement. In 1993, Kelly went solo with the album 12 Play. In 1998, Kelly won three Grammy Awards for the song "I Believe I Can Fly".
Although Kelly is primarily a singer-songwriter, he has written, produced, and remixed songs and albums for many artists. In 1996, he was nominated for a Grammy for writing Michael Jackson's song "You Are Not Alone". In 2002 and 2004, Kelly released collaboration albums with rapper Jay-Z and has been a featured vocalist for other hip hop artists like Nas, Sean Combs, and The Notorious B.I.G.
Since the 1990s, Kelly has been the subject of numerous allegations of sexual abuse and misconduct, often with underage girls, all charges he "categorically denies". In 2002 he was indicted on 13 counts of child pornography, but was acquitted of all charges in 2008.
In January 2019, a widely viewed Lifetime docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly detailed allegations of sexual abuse by multiple women, allegations Kelly denies. Facing pressure from the public using the #MuteRKelly hashtag, RCA Records dropped Kelly. On 22 February 2019, Kelly was indicted on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Kelly faced a total of 22 federal counts, including child pornography, kidnapping and forced labor, as of 29 January 2021. The federal judge ordered R. Kelly jailed pending trial on the charges. On 27 September 2021, a federal court jury found R. Kelly guilty on nine counts including racketeering, sexual exploitation of a child, kidnapping, bribery, sex trafficking, and a violation of the Mann Act. The judge ordered that Kelly remain in custody pending sentencing, which was set for 4 May 2022.
In 1996, Kelly married Andrea Lee, his former backup dancer and mother of his three children, Joann (b. 1998), Jay (b. 2000) and Robert, Jr. (b. 2002). Andrea filed a restraining order against Kelly in September 2005 after a physical altercation, ultimately filing for divorce in 2006. In January 2009, it was reported that Kelly's divorce was finalized. In 2014, their child, previously known as Jaya, announced on Instagram that he is a transgender man and was changing his name to Jay.
- associate relationship with Combs, Sean (born 4 November 1969). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Jay Z (born 4 December 1969). Notes: Music collaborators
- Relationship : Marriage 1996 (Andrea Lee)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 2009 (Andrea Lee)
- Work : Lose social status 2019 (Dropped by record label)
- Crime : Trial dates 22 February 2019 (Indicted on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Cook County Clerk website: "Born: 1/8/1967 Location: Chicago Lying-In Hospital" , no time given.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, African-American)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.85 m/ 6 ft 1 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (91 kg/ 200 lb)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Jay came out as transgender)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Kidnapper
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Rapist/ Sex crime
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Public Announcement)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano, keyboard, guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball (Small forward/ shooting guard)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Three)
- Notable : Awards : Guinness Book of Records
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (3× USBL champion)