|Birthname||Darwood Kenneth Smith|
|born on||8 September 1929 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Fort Collins, Colorado, 40n35, 105w05|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°46' 23°17 Asc. 17°54'|
American child actor most notable for his semi-regular role as the bookish rich kid Waldo in the Our Gang short subjects series from 1937 to 1940. "Waldo," who had an officious, studious nature about him, competed with schoolmates "Alfalfa" Switzer and "Butch" Bond for the affections of little Darla Hood.
As an adult, Smith became a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, ministering at several churches. On 15 May 2002, Smith was severely injured in a hit and run accident in Riverside, California. He died later that evening. He had been married for 50 years and had four sons.
- associate relationship with Bond, Tommy (born 16 September 1926). Notes: Co-stars in "Our Gang" films
- associate relationship with Switzer, Carl (born 8 August 1927). Notes: Co-stars in "Our Gang" films
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, Fort Collins Coloradoan, 9 September 1929, page 8, born at Larimer County Hospital.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (50 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four sons)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lived in Siam/ Thailand)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Seventh-day Adventist)
- Personal : Death : Accidental (Hit and run)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Film actor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy (Film)
- Vocation : Religion : Missionary (Seventh-day Adventist)