Katharine, Duchess of Kent
|Birthname||Katharine Lucy Mary Worsley|
|born on||22 February 1933 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Ampleforth, England, 54n12, 1w06|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°16' 05°31 Asc. 01°51'|
British royalty, the wife of Edward, Duke of Kent, who is a first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II.
The youngest child and only daughter of Sir William and Lady Worsley, Katharine grew up in York where she attended Queen Margaret’s School and Bunton Hill School in Norfolk. She loved music and learned to play the piano, oboe and clarinet. After completing her education, she worked at a children’s home and later took a position as a kindergarten teacher. She supports many different causes, particularly those that benefit children, and she travels the world as a representative of UNICEF. She regularly volunteers her time at a homeless shelter. In addition, she passionately works to help any cause that involves her first love, music, and she is a full-time member of the London Bach Choir. In 1992 she became a Roman Catholic.
The Duchess suffers from coeliac disease and Epstein–Barr virus, whose symptoms resemble those of ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known as "chronic fatigue syndrome").
She met her future husband in 1956. In March 1961 the couple announced their engagement, and on 8 June 1961, they were married in York Minster. Their first son, George, Earl of St. Andrews, was born in June 1962. Their other two children, Lady Helen and Lord Nicholas, were born in 1964 and 1970 respectively. Although there have been many rumours about problems in her marriage, the Duchess gave an interview in 1997 stating that while they have different interests, they share many activities and interests in common.
- parent->child relationship with George, Earl of St Andrews (born 26 June 1962)
- parent->child relationship with Taylor, Lady Helen (born 28 April 1964)
- parent->child relationship with Windsor, Lord Nicholas (born 25 July 1970)
- spouse relationship with Edward, Duke of Kent (1935) (born 9 October 1935). Notes: Married 1961
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1956 (Met future husband)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship March 1961 (Announced engagement)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1964 (Daughter Helen born)
- Family : Change residence 1970 (Son Nicholas born)
- Social : Joined group 1992 (Joined the Roman Catholic Church)
- Other Relationship 1997 (Statement that marriage was strong)
Sally David quotes Mary Riddell, "The Duchess of Kent; the Troubled Life of Katharine Worsley," Sidgwick & Jackson 1999, p.7, in which the time was given as "breakfast time," Hovingham Hall, N. Yorkshire.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Nobility)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Volunteer)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Musical instruments)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management (Rep. of UNICEF)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Kindergarten)