Kater, James M.
|born on||18 June 1946 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Lawrence, Massachusetts, 42n42, 71w10|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||26°37' 07°50 Asc. 26°06'|
American kidnapper and killer of 15-year old Mary Lou Arruda who disappeared 9/09/1978, 4:00 PM. The girls body was found 11/11/1978 tied to a tree. Kater was convicted of her murder on 6/22/1979 but the trial was overturned due to improperly obtained evidence from a witness, obtained under hypnosis. At a second trial he was again found guilty on 2/20/1986 and given life in prison. The jury was deadlocked and a mistrial declared on 12/24/1992. Kater was still in jail in 1993 awaiting his third trial.
In 1975 at the age of 19, Kater had been convicted of kidnapping and assaulting a New Hampshire woman. Three years later he pleaded guilty of abducting a 13-year old girl and tying her to a tree in Boxford, MA. The girl managed to free her hands and escape. Kater spent seven years in a treatment center for the sexually dangerous in Bridgewater.
- homicide victim relationship with Arruda, Mary Lou (born 8 September 1963)
- Crime : Trial dates 1975 (Convicted of kidnapping and assault)
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 9 September 1978 at 04:00 AM (Kidnapped and killed Mary Lou Arruda)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1993 (In jail awaiting trial)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized (Institutionalized, sexually dangerous)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single (Killed 15-yr. old female)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Kidnapper (Numerous females)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (In, out, mistrial, in and awaiting)