Karras, Ted Sr.
|Birthname||Theodore George Karras|
|born on||31 January 1934 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Gary, Indiana, 41n36, 87w21|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°02' 20°53 Asc. 00°26'|
American football defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) who played for nine seasons with four different teams, winning a championship with the Chicago Bears in 1963 as a guard. Karras played for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1958–1959), Chicago Bears (1960–1964), Detroit Lions (1965) and Los Angeles Rams (1966).
Karras played college football for Indiana University. His son, Ted Karras Jr., played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins in 1987 and is currently the head football coach at Walsh University. His brothers, Lou Karras and the late Alex Karras, also played in the NFL. His grandson, Ted Karras III, played college football at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and now plays for the New England Patriots.
Ted Karras Sr. died on 26 January 2016, aged 81, in Crown Point, Indiana.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 6 ft 1 in/ 1.85 m)
- Traits : Body : Weight (245 lb/ 111 kg)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football defensive tackle)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 1958-1966)