|Birthname||Paula Elise Theess|
|born on||6 November 1897 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Hamburg, Germany, 53n33, 9e59|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°12' 10°00 Asc. 28°42'|
German politician of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (German: Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands, SPD) and Senator of the youth authority in Hamburg. She was the first female politician in the ministerial rank of a German state government.
She joined the SPD as a sixteen-year-old. In 1920, she married Carl Karpinski. Their son Jörn was born in 1930. As committed Social Democrats, the couple was subjected to persecution in the era of National Socialism (Nazism). In 1933, Paula Karpinski, now a member of parliament, was arrested for eleven days and in 1944 was sent to the Fuhlsbüttel concentration camp for six weeks. Carl Karpinski, as chairman of the Technikergewerkschaft Hamburg, lost his job.
She died on 8 March 2005 in Hamburg-Eppendorf, aged 107.
- spouse relationship with Karpinski, Carl (born 1 November 1896)
- Relationship : Marriage 1920 (Carl Karpinski)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1930 (Birth of son Jörn)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Hamburg Archives.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Carl Karpinski)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Fuhlsbüttel)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian, age 107)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Social Democratic Party)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Senator)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field