Karl Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
|Birthname||Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand|
|born on||9 October 1735 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Wolfenbüttel, Germany, 52n10, 10e32|
|Timezone||LMT m10e32 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°24' 13°30 Asc. 06°52'|
Prussian royalty, a ruler of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, a statesman and a military leader. He succeeded his father as sovereign prince of the Principality of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, one of the princely states of the Holy Roman Empire. He was a recognized master of the warfare of the mid-18th century who served as a Generalfeldmarschall of the Kingdom of Prussia. The duke was a cultured and benevolent despot in the model of Frederick the Great.
On 16 January 1764, he married Princess Augusta, a sister of George III of Great Britain. The couple were second cousins to each other, being great-grandchildren of George I of Great Britain. Inbreeding was a possible cause for the fact that the first three of the couple's four sons suffered from physical, mental or psychological disabilities. They had three healthy daughters. The duke also fathered at least one bastard, Forstenburg, who was healthy and began a promising military career before being killed in action during 1793.
Duke Karl died on 10 November 1806, aged 71, in Ottensen, First French Empire.
- parent->child relationship with August, Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 18 August 1770)
- parent->child relationship with Caroline, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom (born 17 May 1768)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 9 October 1771)
- parent->child relationship with Karl, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 8 February 1766)
- spouse relationship with Augusta, Princess of Great Britain (born 31 July 1737 Jul.Cal. (11 Aug 1737 greg.)). Notes: 1764-1806
- sibling relationship with Anna Amalie, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 24 October 1739). Notes: her brother
Sy Scholfield forwarded two news reports:
"Born at about 5 o'clock in the morning" from "Leydse courant," 19 October 1735, p 1: "WOLFFEMBUTTEL den 11 October., Eergifter-ochtent omtrent vyf uuren is onze Hertogin in 't Kraambedde bevallen van eenen Prins."
"Born at 6 o'clock in the morning" from "Haerlemsche courant," 18 October 1735, p. 2: "Hamburg den 14 October. Vaon Bronsuijck heeft men, dat haer Coninckl. Hoogh, dc regeerende Herrogin van Bronswijck-Wolfenbuttel , Coninckl. Princeffe van Pruyffen , den 9 's morgens ten 6 uuren te Wolfenbuttel geluckelijck van een Prins in de kraem is bevallen."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (42 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Generalfeldmarschall)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Brunswick-Bevern)