Karl VI, Holy Roman Emperor
|Birthname||Carolus Franciscus Josephus Wenceslaus Balthasar J|
|born on||1 October 1685 (greg.) at 06:05 (= 06:05 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e2223|
|Timezone||LMT m16e2223 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°36' 16°13 Asc. 08°38'|
Karl VI (Anglicised as Charles VI) succeeded his elder brother, Joseph I, as Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia (as Charles II), King of Hungary and Croatia (as Charles III), and King of Serbia (as Charles I), Archduke of Austria, etc., in 1711. He unsuccessfully claimed the throne of Spain as Charles III following the death of its ruler, and Charles's relative, Charles II of Spain, in 1700. He married Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, by whom he had four children including Maria Theresa, born 1717, the last Habsburg sovereign, and Maria Anna, born 1718, Governess of the Austrian Netherlands. The Emperor died on 20 October 1740 at Vienna, possibly due to consuming a meal of death cap mushrooms.
- parent->child relationship with Leopold Johann, Archduke of Austria (born 13 April 1716)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Amalia, Archduchess of Austria (1724) (born 5 April 1724)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Anna, Archduchess of Austria (1718) (born 14 September 1718)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Theresa, Holy Roman Empress (born 13 May 1717)
- child->parent relationship with Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 9 June 1640 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joseph I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 26 July 1678 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Leopold Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1682) (born 2 June 1682 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Antonia, Electress of Bavaria (born 18 January 1669 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Archduchess of Austria (1680) (born 13 December 1680 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Magdalena, Archduchess of Austria (born 26 March 1689 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Margaretha, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 July 1690 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (1684) (born 22 August 1684 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Karl VI." by Bernd Rill (Verlag Styria, 1992), p. 10: "Derjenige, dem sie bei seiner Geburt am 1. Oktober 1685 um sechs Uhr früh verliehen wurden, der als Erzherzog und Kaiser dann sich auf „Karl" beschränkte, war also von Anfang an kaum Herr seiner Individualität, weitaus weniger jedenfalls ..."
Keller quotes kaiserliche Nativität:(cit. in W.Knappich, Die Habsburger Chronik)"Nach der noch erhaltenen kaiserlichen Nativität fand die Geburt des "serenissimo Arciduca Carlo" um 6 Uhr 5 Minuten morgens statt."
Abridged translation: The person born on October 1, 1685 at six o'clock in the morning, was then limited to Archduke and Kaiser "Karl", i.e. from the beginning he was hardly master of his individuality, much less in any case ...
Scholfield also quotes "in the morning between 5 and 6 o'clock" from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 183: "Kaiser Carl VI. ... Demnach Vnsere Frauen gemahlin May. heündt (1. October 1685) frue morgendts Zwischen 5. Vndt 6. Vhr glückhl. mit einem Printzen erfreut worden."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)