Karl Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1649)
|Birthname||Ferdinand Karl Joseph|
|born on||7 August 1649 (greg.) at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e2223|
|Timezone||LMT m16e2223 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°44' 29°32 Asc. 00°24'|
Archduke of Austria and Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights (1662–64). He was also the bishop of Olmütz, and Breslau, Passau. Karl Joseph was the son of Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor and his first cousin, Maria Leopoldine of Austria. His mother died aged 17 shortly after giving birth to him. Karl Joseph died on 27 January 1664 aged 14 in Linz.
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor (born 13 July 1608 (greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Maria Leopoldine, Holy Roman Empress (born 6 April 1632 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Eleonore of Austria, Queen Consort of Poland (born 21 May 1653 Jul.Cal. (31 May 1653 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand IV, King of the Romans (born 8 September 1633 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand Joseph Alois, Archduke of Austria (born 11 February 1657 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Philipp August, Archduke of Austria (born 15 July 1637 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Therese Maria Josepha, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 March 1652 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 120: "Erzherzog Carl Joseph, Sohn ferdinands III. Sonn Abends den 7. Augusti 1649 zwischen 3 und 4 Uhr frühe wurde die Kayserin Maria Leopoldina mit einen Printzen erfreut. Das kind wurde noch selbigen Sonn-Abend ... getaufft und Ihme die Namen (Ferdinand) Carl Joseph gegeben."
Translation: Archduke Charles Joseph, son of Ferdinand III. On Saturday 7 August 1649 between 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning, the Empress Maria Leopoldina was delivered of a Prince. The child was baptized the same Saturday evening ... with the names (Ferdinand) Carl Joseph.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 14)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)