Karl August, Hereditary Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar
|Birthname||K. A. Wilhelm Nicolaus Alexander Michael Bernhard|
|born on||31 July 1844 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Weimar (Thüringen), Germany, 50n59, 11e19|
|Timezone||LMT m11e19 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°42' 08°29 Asc. 20°35'|
German prince and Hereditary Grand Duke (Erbgroßherzog) of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach.
He was the only son of Karl Alexander, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and Princess Sophie of the Netherlands. Because his mother was a daughter of King Willem II of the Netherlands and his older uncles, except King Willem III, died childless, Karl August was second in line in the succession to the throne of the Netherlands from 1890 to 1894. He was preceded only by his mother.
In Friedrichshafen on 26 August 1873 Karl August married Princess Pauline of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. They were second cousins, and they had two sons.
Karl August died on 20 November 1894, aged 50, at Cap Martin, France, six years before his father; because of this, his eldest son Wilhelm Ernst succeeded his grandfather as Grand Duke.
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelm Ernst, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 10 June 1876)
- child->parent relationship with Karl Alexander, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 24 June 1818)
- child->parent relationship with Sophie, Princess of the Netherlands (born 8 April 1824)
- spouse relationship with Pauline, Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 25 July 1852). Notes: 1873-1894
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Sybille, Princess of Saxe-Weimar (born 28 February 1854)
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna Sophia, Princess of Saxe-Weimar (born 29 March 1851)
- Relationship : Marriage 26 August 1873 (Princess Pauline of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Hamburger Nachrichten," 6 August 1844, p. 2: "Weimar. Unser großherzogliches Fürstenhaus und Alles ist in der freudigsten Aufregung, denn heute, den 31sten Juli, Nachts 11 Uhr, ward unsere Frau Erbgroßherzogin von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden."
(Weimar. Our Grand Ducal princely house and all the country are most joyful, for tonight, 31 July, at 11 o'clock, Her Highness was happily delivered of a prince).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (21 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)