Karl, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
|Birthname||Karl Georg August|
|born on||8 February 1766 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°32' 01°27 Asc. 00°12'|
German royalty, and heir to the Duchy of Brunswick as the eldest son of Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel and Princess Augusta of Great Britain.
He married Princess Louise of Orange-Nassau on 14 October 1790 in The Hague, and the couple settled in Brunswick. He was born mentally restricted as well as blind, and Louise was reportedly more of a nurse than a spouse to him, and he was described as totally dependent on her. Their marriage was childless. The fact that the heir of the Duchy had not children and was not expected to have any, resulted in him having to renounce his position as heir to his younger brother.
He died on 20 September 1806, aged 40.
- child->parent relationship with Augusta, Princess of Great Britain (born 31 July 1737 Jul.Cal. (11 Aug 1737 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Karl Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 9 October 1735)
- spouse relationship with Louise, Princess of Orange-Nassau (born 28 November 1770). Notes: 1790-1806
- sibling relationship with August, Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 18 August 1770)
- sibling relationship with Caroline, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom (born 17 May 1768)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 9 October 1771)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Middelburgsche courant," 25 February 1766, p. 1: "London, den 14. February. Hare Koninglyke Hoogheid de Erf-Princes van Brunswyk is op den 8. dezer, 's morgens ten 5. uuren, van een Prins in het Kraambed bevallen."
(London, 14 February. Her Majesty of Brunswick, on the 8th in the morning at 5 o'clock, gave birth to a Prince).
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Blind)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Brunswick-Bevern)