|Birthname||Colin Rand Kaepernick|
|born on||3 November 1987|
|Place||West Allis, Wisconsin, 43n01, 88w00|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
American football quarterback who played in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers from 2011 to 2016. In 2016, Kaepernick became a national figure when he ignited a firestorm of controversy by refusing to stand while the United States national anthem was being played before the start of NFL games. He described his behaviour as a protest against racial injustice in the United States. His actions prompted negative and positive responses. In November 2017, Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL and its owners, accusing them of colluding to not hire him. In 2018, Amnesty International awarded Kaepernick with that year's Ambassador of Conscience award.
He began his professional football career as a backup quarterback to Alex Smith, and became the 49ers' starter in the middle of the 2012 season after Smith suffered a concussion. He then remained the team's starting quarterback for the rest of the season, leading the team to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1994.
- Work : Prize 2018 (Amnesty International's Ambassador of Conscience award)
Birth record in hand from Viktor E. No time of birth recorded.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan since late 2015)
- Traits : Body : Race (Mixed black and white)
- Traits : Body : Size (230 lb/ 104 kg)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 6 ft 4 in/ 193 cm)
- Family : Childhood : Adopted
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football quarterback)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (Amnesty International's Ambassador of Conscience award)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (2× WAC Offensive Player of the Year)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 2011-2016)