|Birthname||María Cristina Estela Marcela J. García|
|born on||16 January 1924 at 20:30 (= 8:30 PM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°46' 00°31 Asc. 09°53'|
Mexican actress of film, television, and theatre, notable as the first Latin American actress nominated for an Oscar, as Best Supporting Actress for her work in Broken Lance (1954), and the first to win a Golden Globe Award, for her performance in High Noon (1952).
Jurado began her acting career in Mexico. She achieved some renown in her country's cinema during the period known as the Golden Age of Mexican cinema (1940s–1950s). In 1951, she was discovered by American filmmakers in Mexico and began her Hollywood career. She acted in notable Western films of the 1950s and 1960s.
An exotic beauty, Jurado specialized in interpretations of complex, stereotyped and sexualized women. Her talent for playing a variety of characters helped pave the way for Mexican actresses in American cinema.
Jurado's first husband was the Mexican actor Victor Velázquez (the stepfather of the popular Mexican actresses Tere and Lorena Velázquez). With Velázquez she had two children, Víctor Hugo (d. 1981) and Sandra. Early in her career in Hollywood, Jurado had affairs with the filmmaker Budd Boetticher and actor Tyrone Power. She also had an extended affair with actor Marlon Brando that lasted many years, and a romantic relationship with the Western novelist Louis L'Amour. She married actor Ernest Borgnine on 31 December 1959 and they divorced in 1963.
Towards the end of her life, Jurado suffered from heart and lung ailments. She died of kidney failure and pulmonary disease on 5 July 2002 at the age of 78 at her home in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico.
- lover relationship with Brando, Marlon (born 3 April 1924)
- lover relationship with L'Amour, Louis (born 22 March 1908)
- lover relationship with Power, Tyrone (born 5 May 1914)
- spouse relationship with Borgnine, Ernest (born 24 January 1917). Notes: 1959-1963
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate, birth place given as Tacubaya, an area of west-central Mexico City. Wikipedia has Guadalajara in error.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Race (Hispanic, Latina, Mexican)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Mexico to USA)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Nominated)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Ariel/ Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First Latin American actress nominated for an Oscar)