Juana I, Queen of Castile
|born on||6 November 1479 Jul.Cal. (15 Nov 1479 greg.) at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Toledo, Spain, 39n52, 4w01|
|Timezone||LMT m4w01 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°37' 13°32 Asc. 24°35'|
Queen of Castile from 1504 and of Aragon from 1516, known as Joanna the Mad (Spanish: Juana la Loca). From the union of these two crowns modern Spain evolved. Joanna married Philip the Handsome, who was crowned King of Castile in 1506, initiating the rule of the Habsburgs in Spain. After Philip's death that same year, Joanna was deemed mentally ill and was confined to a nunnery for the rest of her life. Though she remained the legal queen of Castile throughout this time, her father, Ferdinand II of Aragon, was regent until his death, when she inherited his kingdom as well. From 1517, her son, Charles, ruled as king, while she nominally remained co-monarch. She died on 12 April 1555 aged 75 in Tordesillas, Spain.
- parent->child relationship with Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (born 24 February 1500 Jul.Cal. (5 Mar 1500 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Eleanor, Archduchess of Austria (born 15 November 1498 Jul.Cal. (24 Nov 1498 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 10 March 1503 Jul.Cal. (20 Mar 1503 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinand II of Aragon (born 10 March 1452 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1452 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Isabella I, Queen of Castile (born 22 April 1451 Jul.Cal. (1 May 1451 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Felipe I, King of Castile (born 22 June 1478 Jul.Cal. (1 July 1478 greg.)). Notes: 1496-1506
- sibling relationship with Catherine of Aragon, Queen (born 16 December 1485 Jul.Cal. (25 Dec 1485 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Juan, Prince of Asturias (born 30 June 1478 Jul.Cal. (9 July 1478 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria of Aragon, Queen Consort of Portugal (born 29 June 1482 Jul.Cal. (8 July 1482 greg.))
- Other Mental Health 1502 (Her madness began to show)
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1509 (Began living under guard)
- Death, Cause unspecified 12 April 1555 Jul.Cal. (22 Apr 1555 greg.) (Age 75)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes MERCURIO-3 No.2 which quotes the Chronical of Valladolid, "between 6:00 and 7:00 AM," November 6,1479 OS."
Sy Scholfield quotes "between seven and eight in the day" from "Le passetemps [de] Jehan L'Hermite: publié d'après le manuscrit original, Volume 1" by Jehan LʼHermite (Slatkine Reprints, 1971), p. 303: "Nasciô la señora Infanta doña Joana en Toledo, sabado entre las siette y las ocho horas del dia, a seys dias de octubre, año del nascimento de nuestro Señor Jhesu Xpo de 1479 años."
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness (Mad, called "the Crazy Juana")
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Felipe I, King of Castile)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (6 children)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Trastámara)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women