Joseph, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg
|Birthname||Joseph Georg Friedrich Ernst Karl|
|born on||27 August 1789 at 23:45 (= 11:45 PM )|
|Place||Hildburghausen, Germany, 50n25, 10e44|
|Timezone||LMT m10e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°59' 08°56 Asc. 04°03'|
German nobility, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg 1834–1848. In 1814, he and his brother George fought with the allies against France in the Napoleonic Wars. Later he was a General Major in Saxon services. He died in Altenburg on 25 November 1868.
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth, Grand Duchess of Oldenburg (born 26 March 1826)
- child->parent relationship with Charlotte, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (born 17 November 1769)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (born 29 April 1763 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1763 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Die Herzöge Von Sachsen-Altenburg" by Heinrich Ferd Schoeppl (BoD – Books on Demand, 2011 ), p. 176: "Am 27. August 1789 verkündete um 3/4 12 Uhr nachts in Hildburghausen Kanonendonner und Glockengeläute die Geburt des Erbprinzen Joseph Georg Friedrich Ernst Karl."
Translation: On August 27, 1789 at 3/4 12 o'clock at night [11:45pm] in Hildburghausen the thunder of cannons and the ringing of bells announced the birth of Crown Prince Joseph Georg Friedrich Ernst Karl.
- Vocation : Military : Military career (General Major)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)