|Birthname||Dan Lee Johnston|
|born on||6 April 1938 at 03:15 (= 03:15 AM )|
|Place||Montezuma, Iowa, 41n35, 92w32|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°55' 29°29 Asc. 11°45'|
American lawyer and politician, a member of the Iowa Democratic Party, he served in the Iowa House of Representatives and as the Polk County attorney.
Johnston was gay; his partner for more than 35 years was Norman Jesse, who also served in the Iowa House. Neither Johnston nor Jesse was publicly out as gay during their careers in politics. They maintained separate residences across the street from each other and rarely spent the night together in the same bed.
Johnston's sexual orientation became an issue when he ran for re-election as Polk County attorney in 1980. Persistent rumors of his homosexuality culminated in a caller questioning Johnston on a local radio talk show. Johnston refused to answer, saying "that nobody had any business asking the question".
Johnston died of cancer on 21 October 2016 at age 78 in a hospice in Des Moines, Iowa.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Norman Jesse)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Cancer)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office