|Birthname||Russell David Johnson|
|born on||10 November 1924|
|Place||Ashley, Pennsylvania, 41n13, 75w54|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American actor, best known for playing Professor Roy Hinkley (usually called "The Professor") in the popular American sitcom Gilligan's Island (1964-1967). The sitcom has been shown in reruns continuously ever since. He was also known for his recurring role as Marshal Gib Scott in the Western TV series Black Saddle (1959-1960).
Johnson was married three times. He had a daughter Kim and son David who died of AIDS-related complications on 27 October 1994. David's longtime partner had died of similar causes in 1986. After his son's diagnosis with AIDS, Johnson frequently helped raise money for AIDS charities.
Russell Johnson published his memoirs, Here on Gilligan's Isle, in 1993. He died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on 16 January 2014, aged 89.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Gilligan's Island (born 26 September 1964). Notes: Played Roy Hinkley "The Professor," 1964-1967
- associate relationship with Hale, Alan Jr. (born 8 March 1921). Notes: Co-stars on "Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967
- friend relationship with Murphy, Audie (born 20 June 1924)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1993 (Autobiography, "Here on Gilligan's Isle")
Sy Scholfield provided birth notice, no time given (The Wilkes-Barre Record, 17 November 1924, p. 30).
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Kidney
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Homosexual (Gay son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Death of son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Kidney failure)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Here on Gilligan's Isle")