Johann Salvator, Archduke of Austria
|born on||25 November 1852 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°50' 24°04 Asc. 17°54'|
Archduke and Prince of Austria, Prince of Hungary, Bohemia and Tuscany. After renouncing those titles, he was known as Johann (John) Orth. He disappeared while sailing with his wife around 12 July 1890 and is believed to have died when his ship encountered a storm near Cape Horn. Salvator was declared dead in absentia on 2 February 1911.
Johann Salvator was the youngest son of Leopoldo II, Grand Duke of Tuscany and his second wife, Princess Maria Antonia of the Two Sicilies. He pursued a career in the Austrian Army and was a good friend of Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria, with both sharing liberal opinions.
On 16 October 1889, he resigned his army commission and renounced his title and the privileges he enjoyed as a member of the Austrian Imperial Family. His assumed surname Orth derived from the name of a castle he had owned, Schloss Orth.
In 1889, Johann Salvator married Ludmilla ("Milli") Stubel, an opera dancer in London. Shortly after his marriage, he purchased a ship named the Santa Margareta, on which he and his wife sailed for South America. In February 1890 he set off from Montevideo, Uruguay, heading for Valparaíso in Chile. He was last seen on 12 July in Cape Tres Puntas, Argentina.
- friend relationship with Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (born 21 August 1858)
- child->parent relationship with Leopoldo II, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 3 October 1797)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Antonia, Princess of the Two Sicilies (born 19 December 1814)
- sibling relationship with Auguste Ferdinande, Archduchess of Austria (born 1 April 1825). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Ferdinando IV, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 10 June 1835)
- sibling relationship with Karl Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 30 April 1839)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 4 August 1847)
- sibling relationship with Maria Isabella, Archduchess of Austria (born 21 May 1834)
- Relationship : Marriage 1889 (Ludmilla "Milli" Stubel)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 2 Dec. 1852, p. 3: "Florenz, 26 November. Der ,Monit. Tosc.' meldet: Gestern, um 10 Uhr Abends, ist Ihre k. Hoheit die Großherzogin glücklich von einem Prinzen entbun den worden." (Florence, 26 November. From the 'Monit. Tosc.': At ten o'clock yesterday evening, Her Majesty the Grand Duchess was happily delivered of a prince).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Army)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)