Johann Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershaus
|born on||20 December 1532 Jul.Cal. (30 Dec 1532 greg.) at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Sondershausen, Germany, 51n22, 10e52|
|Timezone||LMT m10e52 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°20' 19°15 Asc. 12°38'|
German nobleman, the co-ruler of Schwarzburg from 1552 until 1571 (jointly with his three brothers) and the sole ruler of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen from 1571 until his death on 28 October 1586 in Arnstadt. Count Johann Günther I was the son of the Count Günther XL of Schwarzburg (1490-1552), nicknamed Günther the Rich or Günther with the large Jaws, and his wife Elisabeth (d. 14 May 1572).
He fought in the Netherlands alongside his eldest brother Günther XLI and distinguished himself during the conquest of Saint-Quentin in 1583. After his brothers Günther XLI of Schwarzburg-Arnstadt and Wilhelm I of Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen had died withour male heirs, Johann Günther I inherited Schwarzburg-Arnstadt and his remaining brother Albrecht VII inherited Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen. Johann Günther I is regarded as the progenitor of the line Schwarzburg-Sondershausen.
- parent->child relationship with Anton Heinrich, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen (born 7 October 1571 Jul.Cal. (17 Oct 1571 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Christian Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondersh (born 11 May 1578 Jul.Cal. (21 May 1578 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Günther XLII, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen (born 7 September 1570 Jul.Cal. (17 Sep 1570 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Johann Günther II, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershau (born 3 May 1577 Jul.Cal. (13 May 1577 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Günther XL, Count of Schwarzburg (born 31 October 1499 Jul.Cal. (9 Nov 1499 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Albrecht VII, Count of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (born 16 January 1537 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Günther XLI, Count of Schwarzburg-Arnstadt (born 25 September 1529 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm I, Count of Schwarzburg-Frankenhausen (born 4 October 1534 Jul.Cal. (14 Oct 1534 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 28 October 1586 Jul.Cal. (7 Nov 1586 greg.) (Age 53)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Diplomataria et scriptores historiae Germanicae medii aevi" by Georges Christoph Kreysig, Buder (Typis et sumtibus Pauli Emanuel Richteri, 1753), p. 709: "Von Johanne Günthero I. Graffen zu Schwartzburg ... ist gebohren zu Sondershausen im Jahr 1532. Freytags nach Luciae, ist gewesen der 20. Tag December früh zwischen 3. und 4. Uhren."
Translation: Johann Günther I, Count of Schwartzburg ... was born in Sondershausen in 1532 on Friday after Luciae, the 20th of December, early between 3 and 4 o'clock.
Note: 20 December 1532 OS was a Friday.
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Schwarzburg)