Johann Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Weimar
|born on||19 September 1600 Jul.Cal. (29 Sep 1600 greg.) at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Altenburg, Germany, 50n59, 12e26|
|Timezone||LMT m12e26 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°04' 00°58 Asc. 23°17'|
Duke of Saxe-Weimar as a son of Duke Johann II of Saxe-Weimar and his wife Dorothea Maria of Anhalt. His brothers were the Dukes Johann Ernst I "the Younger" of Saxe-Weimar, Friedrich of Saxe-Weimar, Wilhelm IV of Saxe-Weimar, Albrecht IV of Saxe-Eisenach, Ernst I of Saxe-Gotha and Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar.
Johann Friedrich, like his brother Albrecht, was made a member of the Fruitbearing Society by Prince Ludwig I of Anhalt-Köthen, before the start of their Grand Tour. Ludwig gave Johann Friedrich the nickname 'der Entzündete' ("the Inflamed") and the motto 'verderbet und erhält' ("spoil and receive").
In 1622, Johann Friedrich and his brother Bernhard fought in the Battle of Wimpfen on the side of Baden. Three years later, his brother Johann Ernst the Younger promoted him to Colonel. Later that year, a power struggle between the brothers escalated for political reasons. It ended when Johann Friedrich was arrested. He was later released. However, in 1627 he attempted to join the army of Tilly. He was caught, and again imprisoned by his brothers.
Johann Friedrich was very interested in Alchemy all his life. On 16 October 1628, while still in prison, he confessed, in writing, to a pact with the devil. The next day, he was found dead in his cell. Speculations ranged from suicide to murder; neither was ever conclusively proven. A witch trial against him was never started.
- child->parent relationship with Johann II, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 22 May 1570 Jul.Cal. (1 June 1570 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Albrecht, Duke of Saxe-Eisenach (born 27 July 1599 Jul.Cal. (6 Aug 1599 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 25 December 1601 Jul.Cal. (4 Jan 1602 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 1 March 1596 Jul.Cal. (11 Mar 1596 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 21 February 1594 Jul.Cal. (3 Mar 1594 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 11 April 1598 Jul.Cal. (21 Apr 1598 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 17 October 1628 Jul.Cal. (27 Oct 1628 greg.) (Age 28)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Biblia, das ist die ganze Heilige Schrift: Alten und Neuen Testaments Verdeutscht von Doctor Martin Luther: Und auf gnädigste Verordnung Des Durchlauchtigsten Fürsten und Herrn, Herrn Ernsts, Herzogen zu Sachsen..." (Nurnberg, 1708): "Herzog Johann Friedrichen ... am 19. des Herbst Monats frühe um 2. Uhr im 1600. Jahr zu Altenburg geboren."
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Other Occult Fields (Alchemy)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)