Joachim Ernst, Duke of Anhalt
|born on||11 January 1901 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Ballenstedt, Germany, 51n43, 11e14|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°11' 00°56 Asc. 12°45'|
German nobleman, noted as the last ruler of the Duchy of Anhalt. He was the son of Duke Eduard of Anhalt (1861–1918) and Princess Louise Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg (1873–1953).
He succeeded his father as Duke of Anhalt on 13 September 1918. However, due to his age, his uncle Prince Aribert of Anhalt was appointed regent. His brief reign came to an end on 12 November 1918, with his uncle abdicating in his name following the German revolution. The duchy became the Free State of Anhalt and is today part of the state of Saxony-Anhalt.
Duke Joachim married twice and had five children. He died on 18 February 1947, aged 46, at the Buchenwald concentration camp after World War II as a prisoner of the Soviet Union, when it was called NKVD special camp Nr. 2.
- child->parent relationship with Eduard, Duke of Anhalt (born 18 April 1861)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Auguste, Princess of Anhalt (born 10 June 1898)
- Death by War or Terrorism 18 February 1947 (Buchenwald concentration camp, age 46)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes news report, Wiener Zeitung, 12 January 1901: "12. Janner... Ihre Hoheit Prinzessin Louise von Anhalt ... ist gestern früh von einer prinzen entbunden worden." (Translation: 12 January... Her Highness Princess Louise of Anhalt gave birth to a prince early yesterday morning). A birth time of 3 AM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (House of Ascania)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Buchenwald)
- Vocation : Military : POW/ MIA (POW at Buchenwald)