João, Duke of Beja
|Birthname||João Maria Fernando Pedro ...|
|born on||16 March 1842 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°24' 12°04 Asc. 17°51'|
Portuguese infante (prince) and member of the House of Braganza-Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. He was the third son of Queen Maria II of Portugal and King Fernando II. João received a military education and was a colonel of a cavalry regiment. He died of typhoid fever or cholera in Lisbon on 27 December 1861 aged 19 and unmarried.
Full name: João Maria Fernando Pedro de Alcântara Miguel Rafael Gabriel Leopoldo Carlos António Gregório Francisco de Assis Borja Gonzaga Félix de Saxe-Coburgo-Gota e Bragança.
- child->parent relationship with Maria II, Queen of Portugal (born 4 April 1819)
- sibling relationship with Antónia, Infanta of Portugal (born 17 February 1845)
- sibling relationship with Augusto, Duke of Coimbra (born 4 November 1847)
- sibling relationship with Fernando Maria Luís, Infante of Portugal (born 23 July 1846)
- sibling relationship with Luís I, King of Portugal (born 31 October 1838)
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 21 July 1843)
- sibling relationship with Pedro V, King of Portugal (born 16 September 1837)
Originally this entry had 9:15 AM (rated B) with Sy Scholfield quoting from the book, "Bibliographia historica portugueza : ou Catalogo methodico dos auctores portuguezes..." by Jorge cesar de Figaniere (Na typographia do Panorama, 1850), p. 124: "nascido a 16 de Março de 1842, pelas nove horas e um quarto da manhã, no Real Paço das Necessidades."
On 8 January 2017, Scholfield changed the time to 8:30am (rated A), having forwarded a news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 6 April 1842, p. 1: "Ueber Madrid ist die Nachricht aus Lissabon eingelausen, daß die Königinn Donna Maria da Gloria am 16. März um halb 9 Uhr Vormittags von einem gesunden Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden ist." (Concerning Madrid the news came from Lisbon, that the Queen Donna Maria da Gloria, on 16 March, was happily delivered of a healthy prince at half-before-nine o'clock [8:30] in the morning).
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never married)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 19)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Colonel of a cavalry regiment)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)